[Playlist of the Week] Wii Virtual Console (2008.09.12) 

[Playlist of the Week] Wii Virtual Console (2008.09.12) 
September 12, 2008, 11:23 am
Administrator

Post [Playlist of the Week] Wii Virtual Console (2008.09.12)

Playlist of the Week:
September 12 through 18

Looking for some new games to play? Want to know what your fellow GameTap users, staff members, and gaming celebrities enjoy? Look no further than GameTap's Friday Playlist of the Week, where every week we'll present a new list of games worth checking out. These could be someone's favorite games, these could be a thematic list, and they might even be a list of games to avoid! Anything goes. Well, anything that's a playlist, anyway. Here's our spotlight playlist for the week:

GameTap forums moderator Legolas813 presents this week's featured playlist, Wii Virtual Console, a collection of GameTap games that also happen to be available on little white boxes that have controllers you can shake around. There are 79 games (and growing!) on this playlist that are also available on Virtual Console, which amounts to about $612 (or ten years and one month of GameTap, plus $2.55 in change). Not only that, but there's no way in heck you're going to fit all those games on the Wii's limited hard drive, so if you want to play all these great classics and you're already a GameTap subscriber, give yourself a pat on the back. You are a clever consumer of fine interactive entertainment.

Go to the Playlist

(don't forget to hit the Subscribe button after following this link!)

September 12, 2008, 4:37 pm

Post Re: [Playlist of the Week] Wii Virtual Console (2008.09.12)
I'm sure I've probably said this before, but if you have a Wii and love Metal Slug, get Metal Slug Anthology even though 1-5 are on GameTap. Anthology also has 6, and has limited or unlimited continues, unlockable art and music and an unlockable interview, and the control scheme where you hold the Wiimote vertically and flick to throw grenades is perfect. One downside is they removed the hit flash on most bosses for seizure regulations, but those don't really matter.

September 12, 2008, 4:41 pm
Administrator

Awesome stuff! It truly is amazing how much that playlist grows. I actually keep an Excel spreadsheet with all of the games in alpha order to keep track of the number of games in the playlist and their total cost on the Wii Virtual Console.

September 12, 2008, 5:31 pm

> {quote:title=PenquinDude wrote:}{quote}
> ... if you have a Wii...

Or a PSP. Metal Slug Anthology is great on PSP as well, and it's portable :)

And I don't think Sony has seizure regulations as stringent as Nintendo.

September 12, 2008, 5:33 pm

> {quote:title=NinjaPirate119 wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=PenquinDude wrote:}{quote}
> > ... if you have a Wii...
>
> Or a PSP. Metal Slug Anthology is great on PSP as well, and it's portable :)
>
> And I don't think Sony has seizure regulations as stringent as Nintendo.
Yeah, Ninty got hit with a lawsuit over seizures a while back, so they have to be by law.