New games : Patrician IV & Vampyre Story 

New games : Patrician IV & Vampyre Story 
November 10, 2010, 11:50 am
Administrator

Post New games : Patrician IV & Vampyre Story
Hello all ! Let me introduce you to the games of the week :

Patrician IV

Patrician IV is the latest sequel in the top-selling historical trading simulation and strategy series. In the game, you are a merchant in northern Europe during the late Middle Ages, a time when the Hanseatic League, a powerful economic and political alliance, was flourishing. Your goal is to rise to become the most successful and influential member of the League, ultimately being elected Elderman, or leader, of the trading alliance. Begin by bargaining with common goods, then build up your own production and establish a merchant fleet. Later on, you will gain more and more political influence and even establish new towns.

A Vampyre Story

A Vampyre Story is a real gem... supported by a unique graphic style, terrific black humor and an atmosphere à la Tim Burton's movies. Discover the story of Mona De Lafitte, a young opera singer who reluctantly became a vampire and is now kept captive in a dark and spooky castle in Draxsylvania. One night, Mona escapes and decides to go to Paris to pursue her career and accomplish her dream: sing at the Opera. An incredible journey begins for Mona. She'll have to accept her vampire condition but also learn how to use her new abilities.

And the last game for this week is :
Governor Of Poker 2.

AND NOW, the moment you're all waiting for : the next week's new games should be :
Necrovision
Virtual Skipper 5
and the AWESOME PUZZLE QUEST 2 (sorry, I'm a huge fan of the first one)

November 10, 2010, 1:26 pm

Post Re: New games : Patrician IV & Vampyre Story
Woo! Thanks for the early update. Vampyre Story looks neat. Can't wait for virtual skipper 5, it looks awesome!

“I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.”

- Stephen Hawking

November 10, 2010, 2:07 pm

Partician IV is pretty cool, though it feels fairly one-dimensional. I'm certainly going to check out Vampyre Story, that one looks entertaining.

I'm still holding my breath for the 3rd EU3 expansion, though. That game is incredible and HttT is an incredible expansion. My copy is messed up so I can't wait for its release on GT!

And last, thanks for the quick update, MetaRaka. All in all, a pretty damned good new game day. 2 thumbs up.

EDIT:: The Patrician IV download page is incorrect. Here's what it says:

Hard drive space
Full download: 0.61 GB
Initial download: 2.38 GB

Just a heads up...

November 10, 2010, 3:47 pm

Puzzle Quest 2? Nice!

I too am a huge fan of the first one. I was actually seriously considering picking up PQ2 for my DS this weekend. Now I don't have to.

November 10, 2010, 4:06 pm

still no AC2 bummer at least Puzzle Quest 2 is next week... I got a game request How bout a Awesome old skool 1st person shooters like Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom or even bring back the Duke I would love to Play Duke Nukem 3d again I bought it in 96 but stoped playing it cuz of damn Dos games not working with win 2k and on word! Maybe bring some old games from Apogee Software like Rise of the Triad and Realms of Chaos and other games like Hocus Pocus I miss the old days I loved playing these games but only Shareware I would like to play them full! Just tossin the idea of old games I used to play as a kid! Thanks for the games now I might try Vampyre Story!

November 10, 2010, 8:31 pm

I must say am genuinely excited to try Virtual Skipper 5. :D

November 10, 2010, 10:15 pm

Vampyre Story is surprisingly good and well worth the download if you want an adventure game with good production values (so far) and humor not far from Sam and Max (also so far). I haven't made it out of the castle yet so this is just first impressions.

November 11, 2010, 1:18 am

jac1002 wrote:

Absolutely. It does seem interesting. Even the name is a mystery: Are you a virtual captain of a ship, or are you a virtual hopscotch champion-in-training? (Find out next week!)

This week's games look pretty interesting. I hadn't heard of Vampyre Story before, but I'll try it out.

November 11, 2010, 8:22 am

I tried downloading Patrician 4 and Hitman Contracts show up. Is it just me or is anyone else getting this?

November 11, 2010, 11:05 am

KILLER092005 wrote:
I tried downloading Patrician 4 and Hitman Contracts show up. Is it just me or is anyone else getting this?

Patrician IV downloaded properly for me.

November 11, 2010, 12:47 pm

jac1002 wrote:
I'm not sure if you're joking, but I'll be all over that game. Purely by coincidence, I downloaded a sailing demo last week (I was on a gaming site, saw the download, it was small, so I thought 'what the hell?') Since this is actually a full sailing game and not a measly demo with only 1 little boat, I might actually learn how to play this!

November 11, 2010, 1:42 pm

shawnasativa wrote:
jac1002 wrote:
I'm not sure if you're joking, but I'll be all over that game. Purely by coincidence, I downloaded a sailing demo last week (I was on a gaming site, saw the download, it was small, so I thought 'what the hell?') Since this is actually a full sailing game and not a measly demo with only 1 little boat, I might actually learn how to play this!

I knew that was going to seems a bit sarcastic,that's why I said I was genuinely excited.
I have been wanting to try it ever since I saw it on Metabolis site.

November 11, 2010, 3:19 pm

My account seems corrupted, here is what had happened:

Alright, I needed space so I began uninstalling games I don't play off of my account, one of which happened to be Hitman Contracts. Now when I went to install Patrician 4, Hitman appeared in the download queue instead. When I canceled that download, it deletes one of my games off of my account, I didn't notice at first, thinking that the game was deleted by me personally, but now i'm down to one game, and Hitman is still in the download queue, it had never went away.

That is why I didn't see patrician 4, Something is wrong with Hitman that is preventing me from not only fully uninstalling it, but uninstalling my other games as well as making me unable to install new ones. DX.

November 11, 2010, 3:39 pm

Did you tell it to delete your game saves too?
If not you might want to try that.

November 11, 2010, 3:48 pm

told it to delete itself AND game saves, I don't know why it is doing this.

Edit: Got it workin (Finally) The temp file was still there so I deleted it, unfortunately, I found that all my games and saves were now gone and deleted from me account, so I have to work all over again on those.

November 11, 2010, 5:51 pm
Administrator

MattyNOAA wrote:
Puzzle Quest 2? Nice!

I too am a huge fan of the first one. I was actually seriously considering picking up PQ2 for my DS this weekend. Now I don't have to.

One version isn't enough, I bought last week the DS one :3 But the game isn't shipped yet :(

@KILLER092005 > The Hitman temp file was still there, even after deletion ?

About Virtual Skipper 5 ... I think you can give it a try. It's a huge success in Metaboli / Gametap sales, the game seems to have lot of fans. It seems to be a very good simulation, with good graphics (the water is great !), but not my type ^^

November 11, 2010, 9:25 pm

MetaRaka wrote:
MattyNOAA wrote:
Puzzle Quest 2? Nice!

One version isn't enough, I bought last week the DS one :3 But the game isn't shipped yet :(

@KILLER092005 > The Hitman temp file was still there, even after deletion ?

About Virtual Skipper 5 ... I think you can give it a try. It's a huge success in Metaboli / Gametap sales, the game seems to have lot of fans. It seems to be a very good simulation, with good graphics (the water is great !), but not my type ^^

Yeah, I went into Temp files cause it was time for the monthly clean out, and there it was! So I deleted it and it seemed to fix my downloading problem, but it deleted the rest of my games, even though I didn't delete those files

November 12, 2010, 4:36 am
Administrator

Mmmm, normally your games aren't deleted, they've just disappeared from your list.

Try to download one of the games you had (you can always check the "list" of your games in C:\gametap\games - if you installed gametap on C:, of course ^^), it should reappear in the list with a nice "100%"

Edit : by the way kultrva, what's the name of the expansion for Europa Universalis ? Isn't it in the complete edition ? (available here :
http://www.gametap.com/download-video-g ... 56-17.html)

November 12, 2010, 9:34 am

The next expansion to EU III is Heir To The Throne, and to my knowledge it's not included in the EU III package you guys have.

“I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.”

- Stephen Hawking

November 12, 2010, 10:17 am
Administrator

Ah yes, it's not in the complete edition, but we're trying to have it :)

November 13, 2010, 10:44 pm

Hmm this is odd; I click the download link on the Vampyre Story page and it takes me to the correct place but the game doesn't show up on the download list for some reason.

November 14, 2010, 11:33 am
Administrator

Have you tried to refresh the page ? Did a folder called "vampyrestory" or something like that appeared in your Gametap folder ?

November 18, 2010, 9:46 pm

jac1002 wrote:
shawnasativa wrote:
I knew that was going to seems a bit sarcastic,that's why I said I was genuinely excited.
I have been wanting to try it ever since I saw it on Metabolis site.
Ya, you did everything right, there's just so much sarcasm on the internet and it's got me all jaded.

PS: It's here!

November 20, 2010, 1:12 am

MetaRaka wrote:
Have you tried to refresh the page ? Did a folder called "vampyrestory" or something like that appeared in your Gametap folder ?

I actually tried it again today and it seems to be downloading just fine now. So problem solved!